A wave of new indie games will be on display at this year’s Play Expo, it has recently been confirmed.
Among the titles announced for the Manchester convention is the upcoming A Pixel Story from the BAFTA award-winning Lamplight Studios. The game promises to be a colourful 2D puzzle platformer involving an epic quest and a magic hat.
Two Oculus Rift titles from ProjectorGames will be at the show. These are Dungeon Crawler (exactly what you expect it to be, but in VR) and next-gen sandbox title, FortressCraft: Evolved.
The full list of games announced so far is as follows:
- Bopscotch – Leda Entertainment
- Creature Battle Lab – Dojo Arcade
- A Pixel Story – Lamplight Studios
- Kaiju Panic – Mechabit
- Wulverblade – Fully Illustrated
- Ghost Control Inc – Application Systems
- Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet – Application Systems
- Starters Orders 6 – Strategic Designs
- Chompy Chomp Chomp Party – Utopian World Of Sandwiches
- Shoot’Em Up Kit – Tall Studios
- TerraTech – Payload Studios
- Dungeon Crawler – ProjectorGames
- FortressCraft: Evolved – ProjectorGames
- Mutiny! – Hidden Armada
- Wings: Remastered Edition – Cinemaware
- Gang Beasts – Bone Loaf
Play Expo will take place at Manchester’s EventCity on October 11 and 12. The event promises to cover a range of current, indie and retro games, along with developer talks and gaming tournaments. Tickets are available from http://playexpo.net. Members of the Power Up Gaming team will be covering the expo in person, and we’ll have many more announcements in the lead-up to the show.