Australian publisher Tru Blu Entertainment has this week announced the upcoming release of their Big Ant Studios-developed title, Rugby League Live 3.
The sports simulation game will be the first in the series to be released on current generation consoles, and will also make its debut on the PC, via Steam.
Rugby League Live 2 launched in October 2012 to a mixed critical reception, though its developers were praised for their continued post-launch support for the title; a $12 2013 season pack DLC followed the game’s release a full year later.
Rugby League Live 3 boasts a number of improvements over its predecessor, with the full list as follows:
- Improved Career mode and Be A Pro: Take a forward or back through the ranks of a U20 team into a full professional squad.
- Vastly improved instant replay system, including super slow-mo and user-defined camera placement.
- Enhanced online play including filtering by locality and online tournaments.
- Dynamic time of day lighting with full sun movement and weather system, giving dusk to night progress and mid-game rain.
- All 2014/2015 rule changes, updates to current 2015 rosters and team uniforms.
- Over 100 teams from rugby league competitions around the world including the NRL, Super League, Holden Cup, and many more.
- New experience system: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.
- FanHub player sharing: Create your own players and teams and share them online across all supported platforms. PC gamers can download and begin using the FanHub as of right now, well in advance of the game’s launch.
- Dynamic tackling system: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders and use the new dynamic struggle and drag system to burst over the line to score or alternatively drag them into touch!
Tru Blu managing director, Sebastian Giompaolo, said: “We have been listening to the fans and believe that Rugby League Live 3 will deliver them the ultimate video game experience of the greatest game of all, rugby league.
“Big Ant Studios have developed an outstanding game and I am really excited about what they have been able to achieve on this next generation of consoles.”
The game is set to be released on Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Steam in 2015.