Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has received its latest title update on PS4 and Xbox One, while developer Infinity Ward has apologised for the PC version of the game not being kept in line with its patch release schedule.
During a live stream held earlier today on the studio’s official Twitch channel, a spokesman for the company announced the first-person shooter’s latest patch for consoles, while thanking PC players for their patience and apologising for the delay as it continues to lag behind its PS4 and Xbox One counterparts.
The spokesman added: “The PC patch delay wasn’t intentional; we encountered a problem with the last PC patch which held us up.”
The console title update, released earlier this evening, reintroduces Infected and adds the Hardcore Kill Confirmed mode, while removing Hardcore Defender and making a host of other tweaks and gameplay balances.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Infected has been added back to all platforms
- Hardcore FFA has been added to all platforms
- Hardcore Kill Confirmed has been added to PS4 and Xbox
- Hardcore Kill Confirmed replayed Hardcore Defender in the Moshpit on PC
- Removed Hardcore Defender from PS4 and Xbox
- Reintroduced SnD into PC Moshpits
- Scorestreaks now give team score based on where the owner is on the map in Frontline
- Double XP UI added
- Volk Tuning
- Infected: Inactivity kick (Infected will be added back shortly)
- Infected: always turn initial infected to normal infected if a survivor suicides
- Frost: spawn additional out of bound trigger to catch dropped bombs by sub wallrun
- Rigs are now properly unlocked when ANY of their rig packages are unlocked, rather than just the first one.
- Speculative fix for a crash in the wild
- Fix for split screen weapon streaming
Zombies in Spaceland
- Added a weapon rank upgrade splash when that weapon reaches a new rank.
- Don’t end the game in solo if The Hoff is active
- Correctly handle Coupon Clipper FnF card when used to call in The Hoff V3.
- Fixed an exploit where players can double jump after respawing from dying via a kill trigger.
- Weapon upgrade powerup fixes.
- Fixed an exploit where players who played both MP and CP would get drastically increased Weapon XP gains
Meanwhile, the latest PC update for Infinite Warfare, released yesterday, has also received a set of belated patch notes. Many of the changes have previously been implemented in the game’s Xbox One and PS4 releases, however, and PC gamers will have to continue to wait to be fully brought up to speed.
The full PC patch notes can be found below:
- Fixes for Medals
- General fixes for Infected mode
- Removing CTF Flags in Winner’s Circle; adjusted session state change for games where there’s no kill cam
- Map exploits (we know some of you are reporting one on Genesis; we’re working on it)
- Removal of Taunts that weren’t supposed to be unlocked
- Localization formatting fixes
- Adjusted a challenge to correctly reference Propulsion rather than Rushdown
- Fixed typos
- Adjusted the challenge for killing players in the air just a tiny bit more lenient
- EAK ADS fire fix
- Fixed an issue where the 2nd player in splitscreen would not earn any Mission Team Progress
- Added a sound for tripmine projectile
- Fix for Synaptic death going through the ground
- Add a win to the top 3 players in FFA modes for leaderboard stats and show victory on the final win/lose/tie HUD
- Created more contract between the 3 Scorestreaks that are selected versus the ones that are disabled
- Adjusted points for score per bomb plant
- Fixed accessory collision on the R.A.W.
- Adjusted a Frontline spawn point on Riot due to intersection geometry
- Fix for previews of Mission Team emblems when they were still locked
- Adjusted gun camos
- FFA score increase from 50 to 100
- Fixed the collision of the strap on the Karma from glitching through the other side of the gun
- DMR-1 – Epic- No longer supports the Variable Zoom Scope
- Enlarged the collision shape on cosmetics to prevent clipping with various weapons
- Fix for one extra frame of latency that was appearing in the muzzle flashes
- Fixed a bug where bots wouldn’t pick up crates in Drop Zone
- Fixed a bug where the Stinger would lock on to your own Killstreaks in FFA
- Fix for S&D crash
- Better win conditions that will prevent draws in Reinforce
- Combat Burst duration tuning for CWL
- CWL – adjustments to recipe for correct Payloud charge and score rates
- Added Infected mode
- Adjustment to the Warden Killstreak on Breakout
- Pick 10 points are now blue
- Added ability to see the chosen Rig and mini combat record of others players in a lobby
Zombies in Spaceland
- Fix for pap zappers having no ammo after you pick them back up off the standee
- Fix for pap zappers not having camo after putting back on the standee
- Fix for Brute having his helmet on incorrectly after removing it after he grabbed a zombie
- Fix for zombies who “walk on air”
- Fixes for certain cards with the Alien Fight
- Front end camera transition fixes
- Fix for the croc mouth (sometimes it wouldn’t return to its original height)
- Fix for seeing player outlines when they are playing emulated arcade games
- Allow clowns to be part of the “kill marked” challenges
- Make sure the Brute zombie doesn’t decide to grab/kill zombies who are marked for a challenge
- Fix for players being able to jump+sprint down the slide
- Add the soul key progression to the front end.
- Fix for players being able to repair a window from too far away and avoid being attacked
- Fix for N31L’s pause/unpause functionality being broken after letting him auto-pause due to multiple failed challenges in a row
- Fixed the occasional crawling zombie playing a standing death animation
- Reducing emissive on camos
- Give player a hit reward if melee’ing during Infinite Ammo
- Allow the player to retrieve their LnF in solo mode for free
- Allow the player in solo mode to exit ALA immediately