343 Industries just posted a job description in which the company mentioned that it was looking to hire a new Senior Systems Designer for Halo Infinite. The job description hints that the upcoming game might have some RPG elements.
The job description does not even try to hide that the job is for Halo Infinite which is very interesting indeed. The following is what 343 Industries mentions:
343 is looking for a Senior Systems Designer to work on our next epic, systems-driven Halo Campaign. We are looking for a seasoned individual to manage, architect, document, and help drive systemic gameplay within our Campaign experience.
The listing mentions that the ideal person should have some experience with RPGs. This could be an indication that the upcoming game might have some RPG elements as well. The following are the requirements for the post:
- 7+ years working in a senior or higher design capacity on AAA titles.
- Familiarity with RPG and Shooter game mechanics.
- Ability to learn proprietary toolsets and proven record of scripting/implementing within them.
- A working knowledge of industry standard game engines, design toolsets, scripting languages and production pipelines.
- Experienced manager and mentor.
- A love for narrative based games and shooters in general
- A passion for the Halo franchise and games
There is little that we know about the game right now but what I can tell you is that the Master Chief design that we have seen in the trailer is not the final one. The developers have confirmed that the design will be cooler than anything that they have done in the past and that fans should wait and see what they have been working on.
We will keep you updated regarding the matter so stay tuned for more information. Let us know what you think about Halo Infinite and whether or not you think it will have RPG mechanics.