Microsoft Flight Simulator is one of the games that Microsoft announced at E3 2019. The developers have now provided some new details regarding the game. Microsoft Flight Simulator will be designed for PC and will support modding.
The devs thanked the fans for their interested in the trailer of the game. They mentioned that while not all the questions that people have can be answered, some important questions can be answered. Here are a few trailers that the Microsoft Flight Simulator team provided:
- We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
- Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
- Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
- Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
- Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.
Microsoft has also confirmed that while the game is primarily designed for PC, it will be optimized for other platforms as well. So you can expect the game to release to Xbox at a later date. The game will support a wide variety of peripherals such as yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard and controllers.
Microsoft is going to reveal a roadmap of the game in the upcoming months. You can expect to learn more about the game in the upcoming weeks. The following is what the devs had to say regarding the matter:
Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the community starts with transparency and clearly communicated expectations. Early August is our current timeline for kicking off the communication of the development roadmap. We will continue to add clarity to this timeline throughout the summer. If you’d like the latest updates, please make sure to sign up for the Insider Program.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is a niche game but it has an enthusiastic following. Let us know what you think about the game and whether or not you are interested in playing the game when it comes out.