Platinum trophies are no joke, unless it’s the one for I Am Mayo. These are the trophies that PlayStation 4 gamers get for completing every other trophy (achievements on Xbox) in a game. I have one platinum trophy. It’s for Resistance: Burning Skies, the only PS Vita game in the Resistance series, and it took me years to earn it. Now, with DOOM Eternal out today, I’m making a very stupid decision to challenge myself to get the platinum in DOOM 2016.
PlatiDOOM Challenge Rules
The reason I’m doing this is because I’ve never even finished the campaign in DOOM 2016, not even in the easiest mode. I’ve played a bit of the game, but I’ve not completed anything, apart from a couple of very random multiplayer matches. I really want to play DOOM Eternal, but I’m not doing so until I have this platinum, meaning I’ve made the most of the last game in the series.
I don’t have to complete this challenge before DOOM Eternal launches, it might be a bit late for that anyway, it would be mental. At the time of writing I’ve actually got a few extra days before that game launches, but I know I won’t make it to the platinum by then. Instead I simply need to finish it. The news of seasons in DOOM Eternal is what I think will spur me on, because I’m a sucker for in-game cosmetics that are time limited.
The full list of trophies for DOOM 2016 are as follows.
- Platinum – Thy Flesh Consumed: Earn all Trophies
- Bronze – E1M1:Complete the first mission of the campaign
- Gold – Knee-Deep in the Dead: Complete the campaign on ‘I’m Too Young to Die’, ‘Hurt Me Plenty’, ‘Ultra Violence’, or ‘Nightmare’
- Bronze – A Toe into Madness: Complete The UAC on Ultra-Nightmare
- Silver – Up Close and Personal: Kill 50 enemies using the Chainsaw
- Bronze – Specialist: Earn the Mastery for a weapon mod
- Gold – IDKFA: Earn the Masteries for all weapon mods
- Silver – Hot Swapper: Acquire all weapon mods
- Bronze – Historian: Find all Data Logs
- Bronze – Timing is Everything: Use explosive barrels to kill 100 enemies
- Silver – Every Nook and Cranny: Find all Collectibles
- Bronze – Argent Overload: Fully upgrade Health, Armor, or Ammo capacity
- Silver – Argent Fiend: Fully upgrade Health, Armor, and Ammo capacity on a single campaign run
- Bronze – A Gift from Beyond: Earn a Rune
- Silver – The Circle is Complete: Earn all Runes
- Silver – Tinkering: Fully upgrade a Praetor Suit category
- Gold – Overclocked: Fully upgrade all Praetor Suit categories on a single campaign run
- Silver – Thorough Shopper: Complete all Challenges for a single mission
- Bronze – Butcher: Perform 200 Glory Kills
- Silver – Rip and Tear: Glory Kill all common enemy types in the campaign
- Silver – Juicin’ it up: Kill 150 enemies while using Power Ups
- Bronze – Momentum Shift: Upgrade a Rune
- Gold – IDDQD: Upgrade all Runes
- Gold – What Else Ya Got?: Complete all Mission Challenges
- Bronze – IPXSETUP.EXE: Win a Multiplayer match
- Bronze – Combat tested, Doomguy approved: Reach Level 5 in Multiplayer
- Bronze – Shareware: Create and publish a SnapMap
- Bronze – No Rest for the Living: No Rest for the Living
- Bronze – Entryway: Complete the SnapMap Basic and Advanced Tutorials
- Silver – Shoot it Until it Dies: Defeat the Cyberdemon
- Silver – Outnumbered? No Problem: Defeat the Hell Guards
- Silver – Who’s Next?: Defeat the Spider Mastermind
- Bronze – Into the Unknown: Warp to Hell
- Bronze – An Old Friend: An Old Friend
If I get through the game and I feel like I need a guide for the secrets and collectibles, I’ll be using one. I’m not above using a guide, in fact there are some really talented writers who put those together for this very reason. I will be making a considered effort to get through as many of the trophies without a guide though, because I think I’m capable.
Let me know if I’m mental, or if you’ve got this platinum and think I should go for it, in the comments.