Technological developments have led to the increase in the popularity of the mobile gaming scene. As smartphones have become more affordable, and there has been increased internet connectivity both in homes and on the go, increasing numbers of people have started playing mobile games. The gaming industry has expanded from beyond consoles and computers, and as technology has become more sophisticated, developers have been able to improve their mobile offerings.
- In 2019 mobile games generated about US$49 billion in revenue and accounted for roughly 60% of the global video game market.
- 36 billion unique mobile gamers in 2019, an increase of 18.6% on the previous year.
- China was the biggest market for mobile games in 2019 with revenue of US$18, with the USA in second place at US$9.9 billion, and Japan at US$6.5 billion.
- The overall gaming market will grow from US$83 billion to US$95.3 billion by 2024.
Research has shown that mobile gaming increases in popularity through the holidays; people going home for the holidays cannot take their consoles but will take their smartphones or tablets. The mobile platform has also driven the growth of the casual gamer; the individual who does not consider themselves a gamer but will play a quick ‘game’ on their phone.
- The number of hyper casual gamers has grown by 170% in 2019.
- The number of downloads has grown by 150% in 2019.
- Mobile games account for 33% of all app downloads.
- Average age of a mobile gamer is 36.3 and the gender split is almost equal, a far cry from the traditional gamer stereotype, and very different to the demographic of console games.
- Games apps are as popular as music and entertainment apps, second only to social media apps in terms of time spent.
As people spend more time on their phones, developers across the board are taking steps to make their offerings more appealing to all types of gamers, as well as increasing their online presence. According to Statista:
- In 2014 average daily usage was 152 minutes.
- In 2018 average daily usage was 215 minutes.
- By 2021 it is estimated that daily usage will average 234 minutes.
The events of 2020 have had a huge impact on the popularity of mobile games, in particular online casinos.
- Increased free time
- Seeking thrilling and interactive entertainment
- Looking for something new and exciting
- Prospect of winning real money
One of the most popular games in online casinos are slots. They are fast paced, fun and exciting, and accessible to all. Wagers can be placed from mere pennies and there is no skill involved, as slots are pure luck. One of the best places to find the top 10 play’n go slots is over at bestcasinosites.net.
Why is Play’n GO so popular?
There are over 50 games across their portfolio translated into 30 different languages.
- Smart use of technology
Play’n GO has leveraged the technology available to ensure that their offerings are optimized for mobile gaming, including tablets and smartphones, and that all games are designed to work with Apple IOS, Android, Windows 7 and Blackberry. Play’n GO is also building on existing and new technology to introduce Flash for web-based gaming and use HTML5 for improved graphics.
- Premium Online Games
Playn’Go works with collaborators across the EU to create top end, high quality casino games, and is constantly evolving and developing new games to attract new audiences. They also release new games on a regular basis, to help stay current and relevant, and attract new players. In 202, thy have averaged one new game a week, and are topping the year off with New Year Riches.
- Casino quality from the comfort of the sofa
The developers at Play’n GO have worked hard to create an immersive environment for their players, investing in technology to create rich, luxurious graphics to mimic the feel of a real casino. As well as numerous slots, Play’n GO has also branched out into other casinos games, allowing players to experience all the games of a casino from the comfort of their own homes or on the go.
- State of the Art Software
Play’n GO is just that: no download is required so players can play as soon as they want to without having to wait. This differentiates it from its competitors and provides a more seamless gaming experience.
The number of awards won makes Play’n GO stand out from the crowd:
- 2019 iGaming Excellence Awards: Best Casino Supplier of the Year
- 2019 IGA Awards: Slot Provider of the Year
- 2018 SBC Awards: Game Developer of the Year
- 2018 EGR Awards: Game of the Year for Sweet Alchemy
- 2017 EGT Italy Awards: Casino Supplier of the Year
- 2017 International Gaming Awards: Slot Provider of the Year
It is clear that Play’n GO is innovative and head and shoulders above their competition. They have won numerous awards and are renowned for their slots. They are also diversifying into other casinos games, which will no doubt see them go from strength to strength in coming years.