With a roster of four characters of varying abilities and skills, you are spoilt for choice when choosing your ‘hero’ in Borderlands 3.
There is no such thing as ‘the best class’ as each class will be appreciated by different players with different playing styles. Whichever you happen to choose, they are all extremely fun to play with even if they don’t necessarily come packaged and ready for your particular playstyle.
Here are all the characters which you can choose to play as in Borderlands 3…
Amara comes ready for a group fight as most of her abilities and skills are geared towards crowd control.
Phasegrasp is amazing at making sure the big bad threats are dealt with first and Phaseslam is an amazing area of effect blast which will ensure a clean and clear space within her immediate area and lastly Phasecast manages to damage multiple enemies if you can get them to congregate for long enough.
- Phasegrasp – Amara summons a giant fist that erupts from the ground, locking the enemy in place for a few seconds and allowing for follow-up attacks. Some enemies are immune to being grasped and instantly take damage instead.
- Phasecast – An astral projection of Amara darts forward and causes damage to anyone unlucky enough to be in the way
- Phaseslam – Leaping into the air, Amara slams back down and deals devastating damage to anyone in her immediate vicinity
Another genius at crowd control, Fl4k’s skills are largely based around attacking large numbers of people at one time.
Fl4k comes packaged with an animal companion which can also attack enemies and divert attention away. Each creature comes with their own benefits and flaws and can be used for a number of different things. The Spiderant has a focus on healing and provides a boost to health regeneration. The Jabber, brings a pistol to proceedings and boosts speed and the gross Skag provides the most disgusting power yet, acid vomit. Which also increases damages.
- Gamma Burst – A rift is created, Fl4k teleports their pet through said-portal and delivers radiation damage upon doing so.
- Fade Away – Turning invisible, Fl4k cloaks themselves to boost stealth ability. Three shots can then be fired while cloaked and allows every shot to be a critical hit. Fl4k gains increased movement while cloaked and boosted health regeneration.
- Rakk Attack – named after the eponymous and annoying Rakk species which plagues so many Borderlands players. This ability allows Fl4k to direct 2 Rakks to dive-bomb a target. This can be done multiple times until the charges run out.
Easily the most damage-oriented class, Moze brings a flamethrower, missile launcher and fully-armed mech to the fight. She is chaos incarnate and it is glorious to behold.
- Minigun – What would a gunner be without a minigun? It fires rapidly delivered rounds and sustains fire on-target. As with all miniguns, it can become overheated when used over long periods so it is always worth firing in bursts where possible.
- Railgun – Standard-issue railgun. Highly-accelerated electrically-charged projectiles are delivered on target which causes shock damage. Very fun to use.
- V-35 Grenade Launcher – The V-35 is a semi-auto launcher. Unaffected by Moze’s grenade mod.
The trickster of the Borderlands 3 world, his abilities focus around deception and distraction. Doesn’t make him any less fun to play as though!
- Barrier – A deployable barrier that blocks incoming projectiles, allies can still shoot through the barrier and it allows for increased gun damage for all who do so. The barrier can be re-deployed but the bonuses it offers and the size do reduce when doing so.
- Digi-clone – A clone of Zane appears, it stays in one place and distracts the enemy and draws fire. The clone can be re-located and swapped with Zane himself by activating the ability again.
- SNTNL – What would Borderlands be without a cute little drone friend? This particular drone is a battle ready critter. Coming equipped with machine guns, it patrols the environment and fires indiscriminately at enemies. It will also attack any whom Zane is currently aiming at.
There we have it, the roster of Borderlands 3 characters is by no stretch a huge list, however it doesn’t need to be. Every character can be utilised by different play-styles to huge effect. Whichever one you decide to choose, you are guaranteed to have a great time!
See you on Pandora, hunters!